Summer Memos

Hello again. I would like to take a moment to interject (which here means, "randomly but chronologically blog about the many smaller but very much note-worthy events that have happened over the last few months but which have hitherto fallen between the cracks of my other more lengthy tales of epic escapades") some pictures and thoughts from June through September.

June

June 1st, I was blessed to attend my friend Paula Joy's Wedding!!
Northland '09 Girls unite! 

While touring with my group of 8th graders at the WWII Memorial in Washington D.C., we came across an Honor Flight from Illinois - which included my Great-Uncle Jim!! Completely by chance (aka GOD!), I was just wandering around the memorial thanking vets for their service, when I turned around and there he was!! He said our "random" meeting was the highlight of his time in D.C.; and I have to agree - highlight of that trip for me, too!


While home in Wausaukee, my sisters & I were able to attend Menominee, MI's "Harmony by the Bay" - featuring Love and the Outcome! A beautiful, cool, music filled day on the shore of Lake Michigan. 
Waiting for Sidewalk Prophets! 

July

Epic Road trip!

August

The first week of August - upon returning from my road trip - I was challenged and blessed with counseling  2nd-5th grade girls at RBC camp. It was a great week - I love camp! 
While at camp, I was blessed to meet this girl, Brittany! Our missionary of the week from Ukraine.


After camp, my oldest friends (basically family) came for a visit - we relived some sweet memories & made some new ones including homemade ice cream, family wiener roast, Dutch Blitz championship, trail blazing through the forest (complete with a debilitating wasp sting for Megan!), bon-fire sing-along, traditional stop at the Ice Cream Station, camp out in the old Girl's dorm, blueberry pancakes complete with  family morning Bible chat 'round the table with Grandpa Bill. Good times at Lake Helen (and the Ice Cream Station)!

August 20 dawned & I turned 26!! We all gave a hand with the turning for the homemade chocolate ice cream!( no cake. I don't like cake.)  Starbucks coffee & NCIS boardgame made for some pretty sweet presents from my sisters; and the Autobiography of Mark Twain from the parents should keep me busy through the next millinium! 


Late August, the Marinette County Fair came to Wausaukee. I haven't been there in years! It's a typical, quaint Midwest county fair  (with  more than the average consumption of alcohol, however).  My two sisters tried out the novelty ride of the year - human-sized gerbil balls in a pool!
Home Free - a cappella group from Minnesota - was featured at the fair this year. (I watched them perform 3 times! :) 


For the last weekend of summer holiday, we went to the "shore." My sisters & mum with a family of friends and I spent the glorious day lying about on the beach and wading & splashing about in the cool mellow waves of Lake Michigan.

September

Labor Day weekend I returned once again to Forsyth for another cousin's wedding as well as a few sweet days with my grandparents.

The new Mr. & Mrs. Hockaday
 And that completes the succinct recap of the sweet moments that made for  my full and very blessed summer! 


Comments