Crazy Corrie's Crafts - summer projects

I have found it! My lost love for arts & crafts has been recovered!After over a year as Art Director at the Boys & Girls Club of Barron County - "teaching" K-4th EVERYDAY - I was burnt out! There was a time when I thought I never wanted to see another glue stick or Crayola marker again! However, I've returned to my true self. After a sabbatical year of almost no art whatsoever (aside from the doodles on my sermon notes), I've rediscovered the joy of creating! And, boy, have I been busy!
Last month the fair came to town, and with a little persuasion from my mother, I entered a few items:
Fair Entries 2013
Hobbit Hole Etch-A-Sketch
British Authors & their respective birthplaces - ink & watercolor
Crossword-mosaic table - Mod Podge & spray paint
Beauty and the Beast - Sharpie 
"Peace" decoupage I made for Hannah last Christmas - tissue paper, acrylic paint, & buttons
"Joyful Noise" decoupage I made for Emily last Christmas - tissue paper, acrylic paint, & buttons

 In addition to my own entries, I was very much involved with my sisters' projects as well!

Hannah's Duct tape & Burlap roses
Hannah's Mike Wazowski cake 
Emily's Musical Inspiration art




 It didn't stop with the fair! My crafting wheels were turning - and manifested themselves in various functional, DIY/upcycled  pieces:
My new jewelry ...thing from a Dollar Tree frame, old shelf, burlap, spray paint, & hot glue!

Our "countrified" bathroom (piece of wood & crackle paint)
My tacky drawers got a face-lift with an old Calendar page!
My very British tea tray ($2 tray from Goodwill + Pickle jars & chalkboard paint)
My masterpiece: the T.A.R.D.I.S. jewelry box (for Hannah unfortunately)! 


Well, the ball is rolling! Who knows what's next?! Stay tuned for more projects with ---- Craaaazy Corrie!!!

Comments