New song: "It Was Good!"

I wrote this song last month when I was studying Genesis 1 & 2 intensely: I was overwhelmed with the power and brilliance of God as well as amazed that that same God who created the light also called me out of darkness. II Corinthians 4:6 says, "For God, who said, 'Let light shine out of darkness,' has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."
Anyways, here's a rough video (recorded for the critique of +David Williams).
Be kind - it is VERY rough! :)
..the lyrics are below...



It Was Good 


Verse 1:
Darkness! Darkness all around
Vanity! Nothingness abounds
Without form, without worth,
This teeming mess once was Earth

Stirring! His Spirit waits!
Helping as God readies to Create.
Then He spoke! Oh wondrous sight!
The darkness parts: in shines light

It was good…It was good

Verse 2:
Darkness! Darkness all around
Hopeless! Nothingness abounds
All these days are vanity
This teeming mess once was me

Stirring! His Spirit waits!
Helping as the Father recreates
Then He spoke! Oh wondrous sight!

The darkness parts: in shines light!


I’m made good…I’m made good

Bridge:
Not by works, not by me
But by his grace I now can see

Verse 3:
Glory! Glory all around!
Mercy! His grace wondrously abounds
With a word He cleared the dark
With His blood He cleared my heart

I’m made good…It was good…My God’s good!...

Comments