Musings of a Single Girl on Valentine's Day (It's not as pathetic as it sounds!)

Okay, so I'm a big Disney nerd, in case you didn't know already. However, I cannot say that I recommend their philosophy of love. I present my case:

Would someone, please, answer these
Questions that confuse me!
On Mr. Right, please, shed some light
For rather obtuse me...

How will I know him without his white steed?
Will he know who I am if I’m no girl in need?
If he’s not in a cape, how’ll I know if he’s brave?
If I’m not in distress, how’ll he know who to save?

If he can’t wield a sword is he scratched off my list?
If my father says no, should I pout and insist?
Will he always give flowers or just blow a kiss?
If he wakes me from slumber will our lives end in bliss?

If I fall for a guy whose face is a fright,
Will he somehow turn handsome one magical night?
If my hair’s super long, will that draw him to me?
Or should I sing really loud off a high balcony?

I thought this’d be easy: ha, what a hoot!
I have to kiss frogs and eat poisoned fruit
Stepsisters will hound me and parents confound me.
Though animal friends will always surround me
…Right?!

Okay, well, obviously I know better than that; however, I do wonder at the rather pathetic and very selfishly one-sided view of love in our society. People look only for what they can get not what they can give! As incorrect as Disney is in it's portrayal of "true love", I cannot blame them (solely). Our world doesn't *understand love because it doesn't *know Love. "Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love." I John 4:8 Christ is the greatest example of love: 'nough said! So, instead of snuggling with your "boy friend pillow" this Valentine's Day, try reading the greatest love letter known to man:  the Bible!! (I suggest I John for starters! Romans 8 is another favorite!!) 
"For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor ANYTHING ELSE IN ALL CREATION, will be able to separate us from the LOVE OF GOD IN CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD!" 

Comments