Crazy Corrie Chronicles #1: Move to Rice Lake


My "boss" Adam & his beautiful wife Jessi with my two sisters  and me.
And I’m BACK with even more humorous stories and ridiculous escapades to relate to you, my faithful reader. As it has been over a year since these Chronicles have been in circulation (since I have taken the time to dramatize my life’s funny moments in print) allow me to catch you up on my setting. I am now, as of Monday August 29, 2010, a resident of Rice Lake, WI (for those of you who are unfamiliar with Wisconsin geography, Rice Lake is located in the North-West corner of the state: 4 hours west of N-land).  And as of today, September 1, 2010, I am a Boys and Girls Club …um, actually I have yet to receive my job details or title. But anyways, that’s what I’m up to. My “boss” at BGC is Adam Cabrera, an old friend and “big brother” of mine from high school/college.  In fact, it is due to his urging and string pulling that I am here in the first place.  While still in Wausaukee – miles away from said current location – I was assured by Adam that he would locate a dwelling for me: preferably a house of sorts that I could rent with possibly a roommate or two.  Just one week before I made the move, I was informed that I did indeed have a place to reside: a Victorian home one block from the “Club House.” I would be renting from a girl who lived there alone with her dog – a pit bull! And the girl, I was told, was into kick-boxing – like, For Real! Well, the rate was good, the location was excellent, and I would have my own bathroom and fireplace; I couldn’t very well argue with that, even if I am hesitant about pets in the house and super fit people scare me.
I arrived Monday afternoon, was introduced to my “landlady” – who was very nice and not scary at all; met the dog – who, though very big, and scary, is rather friendly (thankfully she keeps him locked up upstairs in his room);  and shown about the house – which is beautiful, turn of the century, wood floors, double sided fireplace, wide wood trim, my own huge bathroom, and a park & lake literally in the back yard! I couldn’t complain; in fact, I was quite pleased.
My new home!
I realize you are quite bored at this point, so allow me to jump ahead to today. This morning as I rolled out of bed and brushed my teeth, I remarked to myself in the mirror that I had no fantastic story to “chroniclize” as of yet. The craziest thing that had happened to me was my getting on the freeway accidentely while trying to navigate the round-about on the way to Wal-Mart (I ended up back at my house, and having to make the whole trip over again!! J). But really, that was nothing to write home about! In my slow, muddled, morning mind, I decided to grab some breakfast and think it over; I shuffled to my huge wooden door that opened into “my” living area at the bottom of the stairs. As I yanked on the old, rusty handle, I heard the dog bark from his room upstairs (very common).  But as I stepped out of my room, the bark grew louder, and I turned to see the huge pitbull barreling down the stairs towards me! He had gotten out of his cage!!! I jumped back in my room, slammed the door shut, and threw myself against it. My door doesn't latch, so I knew that if he were to jump up on it, he would surely get in! What to do? His owner was away till Saturday in Nebraska competing in a kick-boxing fight. I was all alone and trapped! I could still hear him on the other side of the door. I thought of calling Adam, but decided to wait it out. So, I got dressed, cleaned my room, etc, and waited: hoping he would just …go away! Finally, I could stay in my room no longer. I hesitated at the door – trying to hear him on the other side. I couldn't open it (mainly because I was laughing too hard!). I typed out a text to Adam and saved it in case I need to send it when I was attacked! Slowly and quietly I opened my door: no sign of the dog. Gingerly I made my way into the kitchen: no dog. I poured my cereal and made my coffee: no dog. I sat on the back porch and ate, thinking, “maybe I had just dreamed it; maybe, Sarah had actually still been here when he came charging and then had locked him up; maybe…” My cereal was finished and my coffee was brewed, so I went inside. With the click of the screen door, the dog returned! He really was loose!  And I was all alone! Buuuuuuuuut…he really is friendly and nice to girls so I was fineJ The END…lol
Well, folks, that’s all for now; tune in next time for another exciting adventure with CRAZY Corrie! ;)
my backyard: Rice Lake Memorial Park!

Comments